Strength trainer and running coach in Washington, DC, area (2008-2010) specializing in post-injury recovery with return to activity / competition; performance enhancement for new and veteran athletes. Clients include:
– current and former Division I athletes;
– runners of all distances (5K to ultramarathons) and experiences;
– locally competitive basketball players, skiers, and rowers.
National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer
National Strength and Conditioning Association – Student Member
Track and Field Athletes Association – Supporting Member
Graduate student in Kinesiology – Exercise Physiology, University of Texas at Austin (Hook ’em Horns!)
B.A., Boston University
More about me…..
– served in the United States Navy as a submarine warfare officer
– Marathon PR: 2:48.27, 2011 Dallas White Rock Marathon
– as long as I have my Kindle and a pair of running shoes, I’ll never be bored or unhappy
– I don’t usually run with music but when I do, despite having hundreds of playlists on my iPod, there are no more than 5 that I’ll listen to out on the roads
– I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with dogs, particularly a beagle named Prudence
– Given the choice between living in a capitalist paradise in a valley in Colorado, and watching the Buffalo Sabres win the Stanley Cup, I really don’t know what I would choose.